रविवार, जुलाई 08, 2012

Why am i writing ?

I often write words that just comes to me. But, how come everyone writes nowadays? I mean, I am writing a blog! Someone – let’s call her ‘Mysterious Girl’- once said I am the most pathetic, cruel and unromantic person on this planet earth! And why do I have a blog ?
So what is this obsession to write or should I say “expression”? Someone once said, that people write blogs because they want attention and want to be “sexy and get noticed. Really? Since when did writing become attention seeking or noticable or sexy? It’s one of the most mundane and ancient activities. That is what i personally feel.
I think people write to share things they can’t always talk about. They write to find themselves and sometimes to bring down their pain. The thoughts, the feeling, the emotions that they cannot bring to words while talking. So that brings me to, why the need to share? It’s because only when it’s shared, it becomes real.
If something happens to me- death,  life, good, bad, funny, silly, sad, touching- it only appears real when I tell someone about it. And these writings are actually or preferably or mostly shared with the most important person in ones life. At least one person. If I can’t do that, then that experience does not seem real. Like it never happened. Weird? Probably, but that is my reasoning on at least why I am writing.
Other people probably write for other reasons- they actually have something meaningful to say (or think they do), are professionals e.g. authors, poets etc. (I so admire authors! Sexiest profession as per me, second only to travellers- involves travelling, meeting new people, exploring new cultures, traditions and so much more: so masculine, and creativity: so inspirational- what could be sexier and fun? But hey, I digress).
Other people who write probably prefer it to talking, so they write as a way to communicate. While some others write to simply brag.
I do wish however more people would read- not my blog- just in general...people should read more than they write and not the other way round. I don’t think myself as a judgemental person (but then who does, right?). But I REALLY am not one. Except for people who don’t read books. I judge them. I find them boring, shallow and dull.
So if you want to be (or at least appear to be) interesting and thus sexy, go pick up a book. If, not book at least go pick up and read something. Ideally something from the classics or entertainment.
P.S. read my other posts below before judging my writings and poems ;)

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

कृपया किसी प्रकार का विज्ञापन टिप्पणी मे न दें। किसी प्रकार की आक्रामक, भड़काऊ, अशिष्ट और अपमानजनक भाषा निषिद्ध है | ऐसी टिप्पणीयां और टिप्पणीयां करने वाले लोगों को डिलीट और ब्लाक कर दिया जायेगा | कृपया अपनी गरिमा स्वयं बनाये रखें | कमेन्ट मोडरेशन सक्षम है। अतः आपकी टिप्पणी यहाँ दिखने मे थोड़ा समय लग सकता है ।

Please do not advertise in comment box. Offensive, provocative, impolite, uncivil, rude, vulgar, barbarous, unmannered and abusive language is prohibited. Such comments and people posting such comments will be deleted and blocked. Kindly maintain your dignity yourself. Comment Moderation is Active. So it may take some time for your comment to appear here.